ACS Construction Group welcome Mitsubishi Electric Europe to their portfolio
ACS Construction Group work extensively across the energy sector with clients such as Centrica, National Grid and SSE. ACS is pleased to welcome Mitsubishi Electric Europe to their portfolio having been appointed to undertake works at Blyth in the North East to construct a new 420 KV GIS substation as part of the North Sea Link. The 18-week scope of work for ACS includes:
• The construction of a compacted granular platform consisting of 300 mm thick compacted granular fill to MOT Type 3- and 75-mm stone chippings including associated earthworks.
• A flexible access road will be provided which will branch from the existing access road to the north west of the site to the new substation.
• Underground cable ducts, troughs and draw pits will be installed to link the new substation works into the existing infrastructure.
• A precast concrete cable trench where cables extend from the extended substation level down a slope to the existing substation at low level.
• Upgrade external lighting and connection to existing cables and ducts.
• A 6mx4m reinforced concrete ground bearing slab for a portable SF6 decontamination unit to be provided by others.
• Two reinforced concrete cable sealing end cable pits with GRP covers.
• The provision of new drainage including manholes, catch pits and connection to the existing drainage system.
Works on the programme are progressing well and a good working relationship has been established between ACS Construction Group, Mitsubishi Electric Europe and National Grid.